The repository pattern is one of the easiest things to implement in an app. A good repository pattern can allow you to do all kinds of wonderful things like test your code in pieces! (sometimes know as units). This pattern can really help get your code organized and open all kinds of new opportunities for releveraging existing code. In this talk I will start out with the basics of a repository pattern and then move into walking through a pretty simple implementation of a basic repository pattern starter that I have on CodePlex. Following this pattern we will take the same bits of code and show how you can use the same code in WPF, Silverlight, MVC, ASP.NET, Windows Phone 7, Windows forms, and anything else in the .NET space nearly seamlessly.
As someone that has been actively using Silverlight for over a year and is working towards migrating existing ASP.Net applications to Silverlight, I have hit my fair share of speed bumps along the road to Silverlight bliss. In this presentation I will go over how to use Silverlight in the REAL world as well as issues that you will have to address when working with Silverlight for application development. The following will be addressed:
- Silverlight Navigation – how to use Silverlight Navigation Framework
- Expression Blend Data Binding– some real world examples of complex data binding with IValueConverter
- Control Choice – tools that out of box are ready for you to use in Silverlight and how to know which one will make your life easier
- Silverlight Auth – make a Silverlight application that requires authentication
- RIA Services – RIA Services is an amazing tool for Silverlight, see some of the tricks to take full advantage of it
- Q & A – Ask about how to use Silverlight in your project