You must bring a laptop. Don’t forget that power supply. We recommend more than 1 Gb of RAM and at least 10 Gb of free disk space. External USB or Firewire drives really help. We will help you get organized and install the right software for continued virtual fun! We have wireless Internet access. If not, make sure that all required software is on your machine when you arrive.
At some point as you develop your Windows 8 app you will want to save some data or settings to the local machine. In this hands on lab we will show how to save both data and settings to the users machine.
- Win 8 release preview ISO: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download
- Visual Studio 2012: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/products/visualstudio
- Windows 8 Camp in a box (Labs/docs/etc.): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29854
- We will be using the JS version of the labs (Windows8CampJS.exe)
- You can still follow along without Win 8, but will not be able to participate