Git is the distributed source control system that’s barged into nearly every open source project and into corporate source control everywhere. Now you find yourself having to understand Git, with it’s arcane commands and strange outcomes that leave you wanting to throw away your work and start over time and again.
This full day lab will teach you how Git works, so you can understand what is happening to your local repository and how to get back on track. We’ll discuss the two leading places where you might interact with Git repositories: GitHub and Visual Studio Team Services.
* How Git Works
* Understanding the Commit Graph, Branches, and Tags
* “Distributed” source control – facts and legends
* Hands on with tools you might prefer to the Command Line
* How will you REALLY use Git at work?
* Hands on With GitHub
* Hands on With Visual Studio Team Services (Git Source Repositories)