NoSQL databases continue to be a growing and viable alternative to standard SQL databases, one of the most popular today is the distributed NoSQL database from the Apache project, Cassandra. We will be looking at the Cassandra database and the FluentCassandra driver written in .NET.
Nick is the President at Managed Fusion (managedfusion.com), a U.S.-based company that specializes in the fields of software architecture / development, usability engineering, and cloud-based computing initiatives with a strong focus on .NET, the Web, SEO, SEM, and Microsoft technologies.
- He co-authored the title “ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Website Programming: Problem – Design – Solution” published by Wrox.
- He maintains an active blog, Coder Journal (coderjournal.com), and does a lot of public speaking of web based approaches to software development, particularly evangelizing ASP.NET MVC, REST, and jQuery.
- He contributes to the open source project ELMAH (code.google.com/p/elmah/) which is an application-wide error logging facility.
- He developed URL Rewriter (urlrewriter.codeplex.com), a .NET model which handles URL rewriting and reverse proxying for IIS 6 and IIS 7.
- He developed Fluent Cassandra (fluentcassandra.com), a .NET library for interacting with the high scalable open source NoSQL database Cassandra.
To find Nick follow him on twitter @nberardi or contact him on his blog (coderjournal.com).