Our monthly hands-on lab series continues on Wednesday nights at Microsoft. The next session will be held at the Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Office in Malvern, PA on December 5 from 6:00-8:00. Refreshments are provided courtesy of philly.NET. Detailed directions are on the Microsoft web site.
You must bring a laptop. Don’t forget that power supply. We recommend more than 1 Gb of RAM and at least 10 Gb of free disk space. External USB or Firewire drives really help. We will help you get organized and install the right software for continued virtual fun! We have wireless Internet access. If not, make sure that all required software is on your machine when you arrive.
Just like Windows Phone, Windows 8 includes live tiles. Live tiles can be used to expose information from your app and allow for a glance and go experience. In this hands on lab we will be exploring how to create and add live tiles to your windows 8 Store apps.
- Win 8 release preview ISO: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download
- Visual Studio 2012: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/products/visualstudio
- Windows 8 Camp in a box (Labs/docs/etc.): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29854
- We will be using the JS version of the labs (Windows8CampJS.exe)
- You can still follow along without Win 8, but will not be able to participate