Vertex SMB is currently looking for a Senior Developer. The Senior Developer will perform complex product designs, systems analysis, and programming activities as defined by the product managers, subject matter experts, or customers under minimal supervision.
The Senior Developer will perform complex product designs, systems analysis, and programming activities as defined by the product managers, subject matter experts, or customers under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Architect, design, code, unit test and fully implement and deliver application features with highest quality
• Create modular, scalable, testable, performant sub systems which interface via well-defined end points using software engineering best practices such as unit testing, TDD, design patterns
• Implement, test, maintain and support software, based on technical design specifications
• Prepare technical design specifications based on functional requirements and analysis documents
• Review functional requirements, analysis and design documents and provide feedback
• Deliver information technology expertise to Vertex Business Projects – Identify relevant application system information and solutions based upon subject-matter expertise and experience.
• Assist with triage and resolution of issues from customers and internal users
• Perform special projects as required.
• Work independently to plan, prioritize, and complete high complex critical priority work assignments, as a member of a project team.
• Participate in and/or lead architecture and code reviews
• Promote Continuous Improvement by identifying process inefficiencies and quality improvements
• Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Skilled in working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, strong client service focus
• Ability to multitask and do in-depth troubleshooting, application debugging
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
• Able to identify root cause of system issues and determine short and long term resolutions
• Must possess demonstrated technical and leadership skills in a fast paced development environment
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Understanding of logical and physical database models
• Ability to quickly analyze, organize, and abstract large amounts of information and to make decisions based on this analysis
• Relational database experience with SQL Server, SQL and T-SQL
• Coding skills in C#, Java, java script, JQuery, AngularJS, Python, XML, ASP.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, REST, Web Services, Windows Services or comparable is preferred
• Strong analysis and design skills required especially with SOA, SaaS applications
• Ability to influence and negotiate when faced with opposing views or resistance
• Strong attention to detail required
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be results oriented, customer focused and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent education and experience
• 7 years experience in application development
• 7+ years experience coding with the following technologies HTML, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Database 5 Years Experience implementing n-tiered, distributed systems across different Hardware/Operating System platforms required
• 2+ Years experience with MVC, jQuery, and test driven development
• Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
• Experience with complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Subversion version control, Team City builds, and automated testing would be helpful.
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
• Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
• Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
• Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
• Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
• Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
About Vertex SMB
Vertex SMB is the business division of Vertex Inc. dedicated to providing sales and use tax solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. Vertex SMB integrates directly with leading mid-market ERPs and ecommerce platforms, is cloud-based, and utilizes a pay-as-you-go pricing model with no upfront costs. The solution combines sales and use tax calculations and returns in one, with the end result of signature-ready PDF returns. For more information about Vertex SMB, visit www.vertexSMB.com.
Founded in 1978, Vertex Inc. is the leading provider of corporate enterprise tax software and services worldwide. Vertex helps corporations realize the full financial and strategic potential of corporate tax, offering a variety of solutions that streamline, integrate and automate corporate tax processes. Vertex solutions serve multinational corporations in every major line of business tax, including income, sales, consumer use, value added, communications and payroll. For more information about Vertex Inc., visit www.vertexinc.com.
Vertex Inc. (Vertex) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vertex does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*Search Firm/Agency Representatives Please Read Carefully: Vertex Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Vertex Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Vertex Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.*