Vertex SMB is currently looking for a Senior Developer.
As a senior engineer with the software development team at Vertex SMB, the Sr. Software Developer will perform analysis, design and coding of new features and functions with a cutting edge software engineering team in a dynamic collaborative environment. Full stack engineering, must be adept in web-based client-side development, business logic and data-tier coding.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, design, code, unit test and fully implement and deliver application features with highest quality
• Create modular, scalable, testable, performant sub systems which interface via well-defined end points using software engineering best practices such as unit testing, TDD, design patterns
• Implement, test, maintain and support software, based on technical design specifications
• Prepare technical design specifications based on functional requirements and analysis documents
• Review functional requirements, analysis and design documents and provide feedback
• Deliver information technology expertise to Vertex Business Projects – Identify relevant application system information and solutions based upon subject-matter expertise and experience.
• Assist with triage and resolution of issues from customers and internal users
• Work independently to plan, prioritize, and complete high complex critical priority work assignments, as a member of a project team.
• Participate in and/or lead architecture and code reviews
• Promote Continuous Improvement by identifying process inefficiencies and quality improvements
• Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Skilled in working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, strong client service focus
• Ability to multitask and do in-depth troubleshooting, application debugging
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
• Able to identify root cause of system issues and determine short and long term resolutions
• Must possess demonstrated technical and leadership skills in a fast paced development environment
• Thorough understanding of design patterns, object-oriented programming, DI / AOP frameworks, asynchronous and event-driven development, well versed in testing methodologies, experience writing unit and functional tests
• Understanding of relational databases, experience with SQL Server, writing SQL and T-SQL or similar
• Strong analysis and design skills required especially with SOA, SaaS applications
• Ability to influence and negotiate when faced with opposing views or resistance
• Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills
• Must be results oriented, customer focused and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We encourage individuals possessing all of the following minimum qualifications to apply immediately:
Education, experience and Training:
• B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent education and experience
• 7 years experience in application development
• 5 Years Experience implementing n-tiered, distributed systems across different Hardware/Operating System platforms required
• Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
• Experience with complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Subversion version control, Team City builds, and automated testing preferred
About Vertex SMB
Vertex SMB is the business division of Vertex Inc. dedicated to providing sales and use tax solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. Vertex SMB integrates directly with leading mid-market ERPs and ecommerce platforms, is cloud-based, and utilizes a pay-as-you-go pricing model with no upfront costs. The solution combines sales and use tax calculations and returns in one, with the end result of signature-ready PDF returns. For more information about Vertex SMB, visit www.vertexSMB.com.
Founded in 1978, Vertex Inc. is the leading provider of corporate enterprise tax software and services worldwide. Vertex helps corporations realize the full financial and strategic potential of corporate tax, offering a variety of solutions that streamline, integrate and automate corporate tax processes. Vertex solutions serve multinational corporations in every major line of business tax, including income, sales, consumer use, value added, communications and payroll. For more information about Vertex Inc., visit www.vertexinc.com.
Vertex Inc. (Vertex) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vertex does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*Search Firm/Agency Representatives Please Read Carefully: Vertex Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Vertex Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Vertex Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.*