Lincoln Investment is looking for a well-rounded .NET software engineer with at least seven years of professional experience to join our growing Application Development team in Ft. Washington, PA on a full-time, on-site basis.
In the short-term you will be responsible building and maintaining customer-facing web applications, APIs, and other critical software. In the long-term you will contribute to strategic system modernization efforts that will enable corporate growth for decades and help build a healthy, sustainable, fun, and professional software engineering team.
What You Will Learn
– How to build software for the financial industry, with high standards for UX, security, accuracy, performance, and regulatory compliance.
– How to modernize / integrate legacy systems and improve software engineering practices in an organization.
What You Will Do
– Build HTTP/REST APIs: ASP.NET Core, C#, SQL, 3rd party SaaS / API integrations, single sign-on, etc.
– Create new .NET server-side solutions (e.g. web apps, web APIs) as we modernize our systems in the long term
– Passion for learning and working in a tight-knit team environment
– Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
– Advanced server-side .NET development skills: C#, SQL
– Proven software design skills: OO (SOLID, GoF), HTTP/REST APIs, architectural patterns clean code
– Unit testing experience
– Experience with contemporary development tools: Visual Studio 2015+, Git, TeamCity, Node
– Deep understanding of HTTP for building web apps and APIs
– Hands-on experience with contemporary code quality and ALM techniques: CI/CD, automated tests, DevOps, etc.
– Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, soft skills, sense of humor, patience
– ASP.NET Core
– SSO / Identity technologies and services (SAML, OIDC, IDaaS)
– Financial industry experience
– Azure or other cloud environments
– Advanced frontend development skills: ES6/7, JS frameworks/libs, etc.
– Machine learning
– This is a full-time position. We are currently offering it as 1099 contract-to-hire opportunity and expect to offer it as salaried employee position in 2017.
– We do not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
– We do not offer relocation for this position; local candidates only please.
– Principals only; we will not accept resumes from third parties (recruiters, agencies, etc.)
– The position may require sitting at a workstation for extended periods of time
– Please send your resume to email@example.com. Links to samples of your work are appreciated (web sites, github, etc.).