TREND (Delaware Valley Real Estate Information Network) is a Multiple Listing Service or MLS. We are an organization that provides the real estate community with products and services to facilitate the sale of properties and establish contractual offers of compensation. The term “MLS” also refers to the website that real estate professionals use to enter and access information on properties for sale. TREND services about 28,000 real estate professionals in the Philadelphia region. Our MLS and Public Records systems offer customized and streamlined access to more than 56,000 active listings and over 5 million public records.
ABOUT TREND EMPLOYEES
TREND employees design, develop, maintain, and support the MLS system, Public Records system and various other products and services. We provide timely news content, friendly 7-day a week live help, and knowledgeable account executives. We continually strive to deliver high-quality, innovative, personal and fast service. We are able to accomplish these goals every day because:
• We have a deeply collaborative team process, where each member is encouraged to offer new solutions and ideas.
• We have a friendly, respectful, and creative environment that fosters enthusiasm and productivity.
• We seek and employ leaders who embody innovation, creative thinking, commitment to quality, good judgment, taking risks, and being accountable.
• We favor ability over experience.
• We rely on each employee to be a hands-on contributor. Every employee is considered valuable and necessary.
• Our employees, working together toward a common goal, can accomplish anything and generate quality results.
For more information, visit www.trendmls.com.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITES
• Lead development teams working on projects of all sizes
• Provide technical feedback and evaluation of proposals from Product Managers
• Design new systems based upon Business Specifications, creating functional requirements and technical specifications for development teams to follow.
• Code and implement new processes/programs based on functional requirements and technical specifications
• Support and enhance existing systems
• Provide assistance and mentoring to junior developers
• Provide 24/7 support by pager (rotated week by week among the developers)
• Submit accurate project time reports, and perform other administrative tasks as required
• Assist in documenting the processes and procedures used in this position
• Work effectively without constant supervision
• Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• 5+ years professional experience in designing mid to large scale complex, high-volume, high availability applications and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lead small development teams and to accept responsibility for project progress
• A degree in MIS/CIS/CSE or equivalent formal training or experience
• Deep interest in evolving technologies
• Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Excellent skills in Microsoft C#.NET, .NET MVC, ASP.NET, web services and Visual Studio.NET
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid skills in understanding, writing and optimizing SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server
• Solid experience with Microsoft IIS 8/8.5/10
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher
• Knowledge of Service Orientated Architecture
• XML-related technologies, IoC containers (Castle), Entity Framework and DevOps practices are a plus
• Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
• JQuery, JQuery libraries, Bing Maps/Google Maps, AJAX and JSON is a plus