Vertex SMB is currently looking for a Software Developer to perform moderately complex product designs, systems analysis, and programming activities as defined by the product managers, subject matter experts, or customers under minimal supervision.
As a member of the software development team at Vertex SMB, the Software Developer will contribute to the analysis, design and coding of new features and functions with a cutting edge software engineering team in a dynamic collaborative environment. Primary emphasis is in the client-side development arena, additional responsibilities involving full stack development are included.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, code, test, maintain and support software, based on technical design specifications
• Prepare technical design specifications based on functional requirements and analysis documents
• Review functional requirements, analysis and design documents and provide feedback
• Design and code new system functionality using software engineering best practices
• Deliver well designed and tested software and effectively manage problem tickets from internal and external users and participate in projects as a software developer
• Assist customer support with technical problems and questions
• Work independently to plan, prioritize, and complete moderately complex critical priority work assignments, as a member of a project team.
• Participate in architecture and code reviews
• Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
We encourage individuals possessing all of the following minimum qualifications to apply immediately:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAITS:
• Proficient in working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience and skilled with Microsoft stack (C#, .Net, SQL Server, IIS), REST Web Services and supporting protocols, XML and JSON data formats
• Knowledge of and ability to apply design patterns and test driven development
• Refactors code, ensures quality, writes readable – maintainable – tested code, good attention to detail, disciplined in approach, patient, collaborative, gets things done
• Strong analytical, design and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a scrum team employing an agile process
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, strong client service focus
• Ensures that system functionality is successfully implemented and monitored to ensure quality
• Able to debug problems and deliver short and long term solutions
• Ability to generate and present ideas to a team when designing solutions, listen to opposing points of view and come to consensus
• Understanding of relational database schemas, proficient in SQL, T-SQL languages and use of ORM framework(s)
• Experience with SaaS modeled applications, OpenID and OAuth and cloud computing preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent education and experience
• 5 years experience in application development
• 2+ Years experience with MVC, AngularJS , jQuery and test driven development
• Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
• Experience with complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Subversion version control, Team City builds, and automated testing preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
About Vertex SMB
Vertex SMB is the business division of Vertex Inc. dedicated to providing sales and use tax solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. Vertex SMB integrates directly with leading mid-market ERPs and ecommerce platforms, is cloud-based, and utilizes a pay-as-you-go pricing model with no upfront costs. The solution combines sales and use tax calculations and returns in one, with the end result of signature-ready PDF returns. For more information about Vertex SMB, visit www.vertexSMB.com.
Founded in 1978, Vertex Inc. is the leading provider of corporate enterprise tax software and services worldwide. Vertex helps corporations realize the full financial and strategic potential of corporate tax, offering a variety of solutions that streamline, integrate and automate corporate tax processes. Vertex solutions serve multinational corporations in every major line of business tax, including income, sales, consumer use, value added, communications and payroll. For more information about Vertex Inc., visit www.vertexinc.com.
Vertex Inc. (Vertex) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vertex does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*Search Firm/Agency Representatives Please Read Carefully: Vertex Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Vertex Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Vertex Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.*