We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst in our Information Technology department that will be responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable provisioning and support systems. The position participates in software/hardware releases, rigorous testings, and supports implementation planning and other operational preparations. Assures the effectiveness, accuracy, and deployment of those systems. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
• Works with Software Developers to support design and development, as required.
• Functions a liaison between the client, community, and internal Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
• Analyzes business strategy and user needs, revises existing system logics as necessary, documents requirements and specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirement specifications.
• Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
• Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and organizational impacts.
• Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which programs will be written.
• Develops project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations, while offering recommendations for the installation or changes of new systems or equipment.
• Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem
• Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities, and assists business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate that coding is accurate.
• Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports.
• Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
• Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
• Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
• Maintains a working knowledge of system interaction to ensure success in overall architectural solution.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Experience with Agile project management – can perform as SCRUM master
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3-5 years related experience (not right out of college), as a BA in developing requirements and performing system analysis
• 3-5 years of major systems implementation experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS Powerpoint)
• Excel experience is mandatory
• SQL knowledge is required
• 3-5 years of experience with Visual Studio Online, Team Foundation Server.
• Experience with various system development life cycles such as waterfall, RUP, and Agile methods
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
• Regular and punctual attendance
To apply: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LSAWEB&cws=1&rid=205
LSA is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer