This position is responsible for developing custom business applications, databases, and web interfaces for operational efficiencies across Client’s end to end business processes model and where commercial based solutions are neither available nor practical
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide verification of code efficiency, quality, and security through regular code reviews with development team.
2. Interface with internal Client’s business stakeholders to understand business solution requirements though discovery and analysis.
3. Recommend and implement custom systems that drive operational efficiencies across the organization.
4. Apply generally accepted software development life cycle standards and techniques to assure high quality product development.
5. Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software.
6. Adhere to established change management practices and protocols when implementing software solutions into production.
7. Assist in developing training material and training internal customers on the use of deployed applications.
8. Adhere to the Policy and Procedures set by Client which follow the OSHA and JCAHO guidelines.
Non Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties, special projects as assigned
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
• Three to five years’ experience in developing custom business applications software and web-based data-driven interfaces.
• Knowledge of Microsoft integrated development environments including Visual Studio 2010, 2013; SQL Server Management Studio 2008, 2012, 2014.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0-4.5.1.
• Experience in the development of database applications using relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server.
• Understanding of web application-related security risks (OWASP Top 10) and mitigation methods in .Net environment
• Experience working with source code repositories and versioning such as Team Foundation Server
• Superior organizational skills
• Demonstrated self-starting individual
• Experience with MVC including Razor syntax
• High level of comfort with Microsoft SQL 2008r2 and above
• Familiarity with SQL replication
• Experience with native mobile platform development languages and IDEs (Xcode/Objective-C/Swift, Android Studio/Java, PhoneGap)
• Experience with responsive design practices
• Demonstrated experience with ORMs such as Entity Framework
• Experience with modern coding practices including LINQ, reflection, Razor
• Knowledge of popular .Net development libraries and NuGet packages including log4net, PostSharp, SHIM, Ninject, iTextSharp, etc.
• Knowledge of programmable PDF manipulation
• Working knowledge of asynchronous communication models (AJAX, JSON)
• Experience performing the functions of this position within a government-regulated environment (strong preference for healthcare industry experience)
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• 3 years .Net application development experience
• 5 years .Net application development experience
• Previous healthcare or regulated industry experience a plus